CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 17, 2008

Vacation Day 1

Well let me just start off by saying this has been an interesting few days prior to us leaving for a little family time vacation. On Friday I decided to go to the NAF sale on base and WOW that is all I can say. I went there not knowing what the prices were going to be so I figured I would be walking out with only a few things. YEAH RIGHT!! I LOVE it when the CDC and YOUTH CENTERS clean out their buildings!! I spent about $40 and walked out with a ton of stuff (pictures to come). I could run my own daycare center with as much stuff that I walked out with, oh but wait my house is like a daycare center....LOL.... The doors opened up at 7am and I couldn't get there until 7:30 because I had to drop Jordan off at the bus stop. But as soon as I walked in there my mind was about to explode because there was so much excitement. I got chairs, tables, a big coat rack cubby type thing, shelves for the toys, easels huge lego type blocks and god only knows what else. I couldn't believe all of the stuff I got. Although my husband was ready to kill me because he had to haul it upstairs but I couldn't control myself. I had to call Lisa to come and help me because of all the stuff I had. But it will pay off in the long run. Okay now that I talked about that, now onto our vacation portion.
I happened to look at the weather for Tuesday in the Garmisch area and found out that it was suppose to snow so I figured that we would leave a day early. We with that in mind it was Sunday afternoon and we hadn't even packed and I was going to play BUNKO no matter what! Well I called Billeting in Stuttgart and booked us a room for Monday night and wow I'm glad I did. We didn't get going like we had planned on and we ran into a few delays but we managed to get here by 9:30 or so. I was figuring that the room we were getting would be a normal room but it wasn't. To our surprise we got a 2 bedroom which is nice so Bill and I can have to down time. The kids have their own room with 2 twin beds and then our room has the queen. I know from now on we will be driving half way and staying here. This is not what I pictured it to be by any means but now onto something a little more interesting. We get checked in and Bill comes out to the van and informs me that we have to be out by 10am!! Who in the HELL wants to be checked out by 10am! Sure as HELL not me, I want to sleep DAMNIT! But whatever, maybe it's a good thing. I have plans and I guess that will make me get up and get our butts busy. After we get T a haircut it's off to Munich to the Haufbrauhaus.



I can't wait! I've been looking forward to this family vacation for sometime now and we are hitting the Hard Rock Cafe! Oh my god I can't wait!! Yes, I know I'm excited, I feel like a fricken kid again! Then off to Edelweiss we go! I started my vacation off in the right direction, after we get there we will be going swimming of course but come Wednesday morning I am getting a foot reflexology, whatever that is and then come Thursday both of us are getting massages! Hell Yah!! I can't wait, I'll be so relaxed I won't want to do anything but relax after that then I guess we will have to go back home come Friday but we might stop and stay in Stuttgart again if they have room. According to our GPS we should've been here in less than 3 hours! What the HELL is that thing thinking!!?? Between the road construction and the F'd Up rest stops it took us almost 4 1/2 hours to get here. GPS is so over rated! I can't wait to get back to the states and have actual signs that we can read and they actually make sense! But it's getting late so I had to post something about our vacation. Look for pictures tomorrow night, hopefully I'll get some posted! I can't wait!!

1 comments:

3HappyHippies said...

This sounds like fun. I want a massage bad and I know that from my experience at Garmish they are FABULOUS! Have a great holiday, we will talk when you get home.

I cant wait to see pictures. I am super excited to see how all the NAF stuff came together.